During culinary school I tasted many different and very often surprising preparations. Being used to more common flavours like raspberry or lemon, I tasted my first grapefruit sorbet. It tasted like nothing before and opened up my mind to the variation of ingredients.
Grapefruits have a very refreshing taste with a bit of bitterness. In this recipe the sugars are balanced in a way that the sorbet is not too sweet and the grapefruit keeps its zing!
- Hand blender
- Ice Cream Machine
- - Mix together the 30g of sugar with the 3g of Super Neutrose.- Measure the water into a pot, add the mixture to the water whisking.- Let bloom for 15 min.
Making the Sorbet Base
- - Mix together the rest of the dry ingredients.- Heat the water water mixture over medium heat.
- Add the mixed dry ingredients at 40°C (104°F) whisking.- Heat the mixture to 85°C (185°F) whisking.- Add the grapefruit juice.- Blend with a hand blender.
- - Transfer to a container, cover with cling film contacting the surface of the preparation.- Keep in the fridge overnight or at least for 6h.
Churning & Storage
- - Blend preparation with hand blender.
- Churn in ice cream machine according to manufacturer´s instruction.
- Transfer to a container, cover the sorbet with baking paper contacting its surface. Additionally close the container with a lid.
Covering the surface of the sorbet with baking paper helps prevent ice crystals from forming.
- Voilà!Did you like this recipe? Please let us know in the comment section below if you have any suggestions!