The cake consists of two disks of Dacquoise sponge filled with a Chocolate Hazelnut Praliné Mousseline. For the Mousseline you need three components: Chocolate Pastry Cream, Hazelnut Praliné and butter.
To make a Praliné you have to prepare a Caramel, let it set and blend it with roasted hazelnuts to a paste. Don´t forget to taste it, before you mix it with the other ingredients.
Succès Chocolate Hazelnut Praliné Cake
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- Round piping tip 14mm
- Small food processor
- 2 Piping bags
- Entremet Ring (Ø 20 cm) (optional)
For the Chocolate Pastry Cream
- 60 g egg yolk (approx. 2 egg yolks)
- 50 g sugar
- 5 g vanilla sugar
- 10 g corn starch
- 250 g milk, 1.5% fat
- 100 g dark chocolate couverture, 56% Cocoa (roughly chopped)
For the Hazelnut Praliné
- 70 g sugar
- 20 g water
- 70 g hazelnuts
For the Hazelnut Dacquoise
- 180 g egg white
- 160 g sugar
- 40 g ground almonds
- 60 g ground hazelnuts
- 70 g hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
For the Chocolate Hazelnut Praliné Mousseline
- 200 g butter (room temperature)
- 80 g hazelnut praliné
- prepared chocolate pastry cream
- codi neige or icing sugar (for dusting)
Chocolate Pastry Cream
- - Whisk together the egg yolk, sugar, vanilla sugar and corn starch, then the milk in a saucepan until smooth.
- - Bring to a boil over medium heat constantly whisking.
- - Take the cream off the heat, add the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- - Transfer to a plastic container, cover with cling film touching the surface, keep in the fridge.
- - Preheat the oven to 160°C fan.
- - Put the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roast in the oven 10-15 min. To verify whether they are well roasted, cut one open. If the center of the hazelnut is also golden brown, they are ready.
- - Remove from the oven and let cool.
- - Combine water and sugar in a pot and boil to a caramel.
- - Pour onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper, let cool.
- - Crack the caramel into smaller pieces and blend together with the hazelnuts to a paste.
- - With the help of an entremet ring (or a plate for example) draw a circle with a diameter of 20cm onto two pieces of parchment paper. Turn the papers upside down.
- - Prepare a piping bag with the piping tip.
- - Whip up the egg whites to a stiff peak, gradually adding the sugar.
- - Fold in the hazelnut and almond powders until combined.
- - Fill the batter into the piping bag, pipe onto the parchment paper starting in the middle of the circle piping a spiral.
- - Scatter the chopped almond on top.
- - Bake for approx. 30 minutes until golden brown.
- - Let cool.
Chocolate Hazelnut Praliné Mousseline
- - Whisk together the butter and 80g of the praliné in a bowl until smooth.
- - Add the chocolate pastry cream and combine until homogenous.
- - Trim the Dacquoise disks to the same size if necessary.
- - Prepare the second piping bag with the piping tip, fill with the Mousseline.
- - Pipe the Mousseline onto one of the Dacquoise disks.
- - Place the second Dacquoise disk on top. If it is difficult to remove the Dacquoise from the parchment paper, turn it upside down and peel it of carefully.
- - Dust with codi neige (which does not melt in the fridge) or icing sugar just before serving.