Inspiration Juliana. Making holidays in Piemonte, Italy, the most famous region for hazelnuts, we ended up in a house with a pear tree in the garden and Juliana the donkey eating a huge part of the abundant fruit.
The classic charlotte aux poires is made with a ring and base of lady finger batter (biscuit cuillère) and a vanilla bavarian cream (crème bavaroise vanille) with pieces of poached pear folded in.
This version is combined with chocolate and some hazelnuts to round it up.
The combination of pear and chocolate is very classic, but the sweet fruit with its strong aroma just matches so very well with the bitterness of dark chocolate.
For different textures this entremet has a bond pear puree with pieces of fruit, a pear mousse, a dark chocolate version of the bavarian cream and some hazelnut crunch as a base.
- - Melt the chocolate on a bain marie.
- Cut butter in small cubes, add to cream, boil up shortly, set aside.
- Weigh the sea salt with the micro scale, set aside.
- Make a caramel with the sugar and the glucose syrup, deglaze with the cream mixture in three parts stirring constantly. Be careful of hot steam!
- Stir in the melted chocolate and sea salt.
- Poor into the frame placed on a silicon mat, let cool.
- - 300g dunkle Schokolade auf einem Wasserbad auf 45C schmelzen.
- - Aus dem Rahmen lösen, in 1*1cm grosse Quadrate schneiden.